IGNOU is committed to providing quality education at low costs to those, who have for some reason or the other, missed or did not get the opportunity for further studies. Keeping the heterogeneous nature and varied needs of its clientele, the University offers a range of programmes catering to human resource development as well as self-enrichment. The aim of the Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management (PGDDM) is to provide comprehensive knowledge to the learners on disaster preparedness, mitigation, and rehabilitation. It will enable the learners to equip themselves with disaster response techniques, risk assessment and vulnerability analysis, communication skills, and skills pertaining to emergency medical requirement.
AIM OF PGDDM IS –
- Provide comprehensive knowledge to the learners on disaster preparedness, mitigation and rehabilitation;
- Enable the learners to carry out risk assessment and vulnerability analysis;
- Generate community awareness, and strengthen institutional mechanism for community mobilisation and participation in disaster management;
- Develop communication skills for disaster preparedness;
- Create greater awareness about effective disaster response in various emergency situations;
- Equip learners with tools for meeting emergency medical requirements;
- Incorporate gender sensitive disaster management approach; and
- Inculcate new skills and sharpen existing skills of government officials, voluntary activists, development professional and elected representative for effective disaster management.
The courses are based on credits. One credit is equivalent to 30 hours of study. In other words, you will have to put in 120 hours of study for completing a 4-credit course. This helps the learners to understand the academic effort one has to put in. Completion of an academic programme (Degree, Diploma or Certificate) requires successful clearing of the assignments and term-end examination of each Course, and the Project Work, wherever applicable in the programmes.
PGDDM IS A 32-CREDIT PROGRAMME WITH THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
- MPA-001 Understanding Natural Disasters
- MPA-002 Understanding Man-Made Disasters
- MPA-003 Risk Assessment and Vulnerability Analysis
- MPA -004 Disaster Preparedness
- MPA-005 Disaster Response 4 MPA-006 Disaster Medicine
- MPA-007 Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and Recovery
- MPAP-00l Project Work/MED-004 Towards Participatory Management
Themes for the Project Work will be sent separately in Project Handbook. Dear IGNOU students, if you are looking for the IGNOU MPAP 1 PROJECT REPORT AND SYNOPSIS, We here to help you. It is our pleasure to help you. Here you will be able to download the IGNOU MPAP 1 PROJECT REPORT & SYNOPSIS.