The core objective of the programme is to develop professionals for development, implementation and auditing of Food Safety and Quality Management in the country. It seeks to develop India’s capability to meet the global food safety and quality requirements and enhance competitiveness of food products. In long term perspective, it would contribute to ensure consumer safety within and outside the country.
This PG programme shall enable the students to:
- Comprehend the issues of safety and quality in food production, handling, processing and trade.
- Build technical proficiency in undertaking food safety and quality assurance in food processing chain i.e., from farm to fork.
- Ensure the safety and quality of food products as per mandatory legal requirements and voluntary standards including export regulations, if required.
- Design and implement
- Good Hygienic Practices (GHP)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Quality Management Systems (QMS): ISO9001
- Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) : ISO 22000
- Environmental Management Systems: ISO 14001
- Laboratory Management System: ISO 17025
- Retail Standards
- Be able to effectively plan, conduct, report and audit as per the guidelines of the ISO 19011-2002.
- Undertake Standard Microbiological and Chemical analysis of Food Products.
- Apply Good Hygienic, Manufacturing, Laboratory, Transportation and Retail Practices in Food Processing/ Hospitality industry and Retail outlets.
- MVP 1 Food Fundamentals and Chemistry
- MVPI 1 Food Microbiology (Integrated)
- MVP 2 Food Laws and Standards
- MVP 3 Principles of Food Safety and Quality Management
- MVP 4 Food Safety and Quality Management Systems
- MVPL 1 Food Safety and Quality Auditing (Practical)
- MVPL 2 Chemical Analysis and Quality Assurance (Practical)
- MVPP 1 Project Work
JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE PASSOUTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Quality Control Officer or Quality Assurance/ Management professionals in food/hospitality/retail industry and laboratories,
- Food Safety Officer in the regulatory bodies,
- Food Auditor in Certification and Inspection bodies,
- Trainer/Counsellor in Food Safety & Quality Management Systems,
- Food certifying/auditing professional for Food Safety & Quality Management Systems (FSQMS).
Dear IGNOU students, If you are looking for the IGNOU MVPP-001 PROJECT REPORT AND SYNOPSIS, We here to help you. It is our pleasure to help you. Here you will be able to download the IGNOU MVPP-001 PROJECT REPORT & SYNOPSIS.